Sunday, October 10, 2010

Roasted Potato Medley

Oops. Once again I forgot to take a pic before eating had commenced.

There was so little manicotti left after Friday night's dinner, I had to find another recipe to augment Saturday's dinner. I didn't even have manicotti the next night, so the kids could have more (and I don't need that cheese anyway), but DD1 tells me that this potato dish was a nice side for the manicotti. She's asked me to make the manicotti again, immediately. :)

This recipe, based on a recipe from allrecipes.com, calls for sweet potatoes, russet potatoes, and red potatoes. I had sweet potatoes and red potatoes on hand, so I used those. I made a larger amount than called for, so I didn't really include amounts, because it depends on how many potatoes there are.

Roasted Potato Medley

  • sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2" cubes
  • red potatoes, cut into 1/2" cubes
  • olive oil
  • No-Chicken broth, about 3/4 cup
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme (fresh would be good, but I had dried and it was great)
  • fig balsamic vinegar (regular balsamic would also work, but we love the fig balsamic from Mollie Stones)
  • 3 cubes frozen crushed garlic, defrosted

Preheat oven to 375°F.

In a mixing bowl placed the cubed potatoes and add the other ingredients. You really don't need too much olive oil (maybe none), but use an adequate amount of broth.

Spray roasting dish with non-stick spray. Add the veggies and put in the oven.

Set the timer for 15 minutes and then stir the veggies. Set the timer for another 15 minutes, then stir the veggies again. I roasted them for about 40 minutes total. The liquid mostly evaporates away leaving a very yummy residue for the tender taters.

Notes: Yum. This is very tasty. Both kids liked them and there were few left, even though I used almost an entire bag of each type of potato (from Trader Joes).

No comments:

Post a Comment